Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hams Helping Hams: Some Ways to help each other

Helping our Amateur Radio Friends can be looked at a number of different ways.


1. Benefiting the ARRL (Many, Many hams)
2. Community level: Benefiting your local hams while volunteering in a club.
3. Individual level


We might further break down the types of help we can give:


1. Supporting/opposing Legislation
2. Availing Technical Expertise in pursuit of common goals.
3. Availing examples good amateur radio practices
4. Training or Teaching things – give classes on building circuits and antennas, for instance.


I have been helped way more than most, I think, with the individual type. Folks have given or let me borrow equipment, they’ve given/built antennas and they are very appreciated.


One of the best types of help I have not mentioned yet, is self help.


If I am given every little thing, and if every little thing is built for me, my growth in this hobby will surely be stunted. 

That said, growth in our hobby can be defined as, "engaging in new aspects with an adventurist' spirit."  Otherwise, boredom can set in.

I plan on building a 2 meter antenna in the next few months. I’ll tell you how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment