Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Monday, March 28, 2011

NWS Basic Radar Class Was Great

Saturday from 10am until about 1pm (or so) I went to the Fire Training Center building (Ouachita parish EOC building) to attend the basic radar interpretation class given by a member  of the Shreveport NWS office, Keith Stelhan.


We were familiarized with GRLevel 2 analyst GRLevel 3.

We were shown what storm features to be concerned with as well as calculating relative wind speeds, and other radar anomalies.

I enjoyed the class and took some pictures. 

Of the people who were there, here are some I know:  W5DSG Dave, KF5HLX Chris, KF5HLY Sean, Don Wheeler, N5ARM Bob, KD5IGZ Duffy, WC5M Mark, and a few others. 


Here's the Pictures I took:







No comments:

Post a Comment