Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thumbs up to my Score in the IARU HF Championship 2010: 1st Place Award came in Today

I participated in the IARU HF Worldwide Championship last year, and finally received an award today.


This is great because I wasn’t expecting to win any thing.


The certificate I received was first place in the Low power, single operator, phone only - classification for Louisiana Section, zone 7.


I thought I was something special as I bragged on myself at this evening’s club meeting, so you can imagine how I felt when two other guys at our club meeting had similar awards.


K5ER, Received first place, Louisiana section, zone 7 for medium power mixed mode (If I remember right), and another Ham got the award for Louisiana, high power either phone or mixed mode. I can’t remember those details either.


I’m just kidding about thinking I was special, but I was really happy that I could claim an award alongside those fine hams… and in the same contest.


This is the first contest I ever participated in that I actually submitted the log.


Will I compete again? Yes. I really did have a lot of fun on this contest. Maybe too much.


Getting involved in this contest was like reading a good book… I didn’t want it to end, and my XYL couldn’t drag me away from it.


If you never participated in a contest, I suggest you give it a try before you pass judgment on contesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment