Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why Ham Radio Endures in a World of Tweets

What is it about a simple microphone, a transmitter-receiver and the seductive freedom of the open radio spectrum that’s turned a low-tech anachronism into an enduring and deeply engaging global hobby?

Click Here to Read the article

My Comments:

The author of the article rightfully points out the lure that keeps amateur radio popular.  I really like the  standards of ham operations... the code I think it was called where he talks about being patriotic, and always ready to help the nation and the community.

I wrote an article that touched on this not to long ago.  You can read it in my archives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment