Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Friday, February 25, 2011

Northeast Louisiana SkyWarn Activation Report for 2/24/11 (Unofficial)

Thanks to all stations who responded to severe weather Thursday evening. Together, we make our community a safer place.

Thankfully, there were no serious reports of injury or property damage resulting from the squall line that moved through the area around 7:00pm local time..


I did pick up reports of hail and high winds in the area, more notably in the Northwest of my QTH; in Union Parish, as well as Northwest Ouachita Parish.


There were a few reports of temporary power outages in Monroe, and in the Tanglewood Subdivision of Southeast Ouachita Parish. Additionally, WX5CW called in 1.5 inch diameter hail in Homer, LA. This report prompted my opening the SkyWarn Net.


The following Stations checked in to the net:


KE5UTN** (Opened the net NCS) at around 6:00 pm)

KE5ESU KN4OK W5DSG** N5ARM** WX5CW* KF5HLX* KE5OLM KA5JNL KE5DME KB5YEG W5KGT KE5UKG AD5XM WC5M KA5MWB KC5QXW

* = Mobile Storm Spotter
** = Acted as NCS

Thanks to Bob, N5ARM and David, W5DSG for reading the NWS QST’s into the net for me.

I turned the net over to W5DSG at around 7:00pm due to lightning in my area.  I had to disconnect my coax cables and exit my shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment