Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Saturday, March 16, 2013

CQ CQ: LA TECH AMATEUR RADIO CLUB HOSTS NWS STORM SPOTTER SKYWARN CLASSES 3/16/13

Mack (KA5JNL) and I traveled to Ruston, Louisiana this morning to attend Skywarn classes.  (Pictures below)

The Louisiana Tech University's amateur radio club, callsign w5HGT, sponsored the event  where a volunteer from the National Weather Service gave us all the low-down on severe weather.

I met some really friendly young people who seemed to abound in energy; except for maybe one young lady as you'll see in one of the pictures.  ha ha ha......

The club president is John, W1NGZ.  He's a pilot whose call sign looks like it spells 'wings'.  (That's a good one!)


I shot these pictures because I felt the LA Tech club members would like a record of their wonderful efforts.  I intend to share all of these with the club.











































Here is a really short video of  John, w1NGZ, getting the class kicked off.







No comments:

Post a Comment