Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Louisiana Gulf Coast urged to Prepare *** I'm in North Louisiana and getting ready - Just in Case

The forecast path of Isaac puts cross hairs on the north central gulf; namely Louisiana and Mississippi. 

This westward shift seems to be a trend since the TS formed late last week.

Noting this, my wife and I decided now would be a great time to get prepared.  

The system is expected to intensify to at least a cat 2 hurricane by Wednesday.  If the size of Isaac's outer  bands remains constant, northeast Louisiana could be affected even as the eye approaches the Louisiana coast and  passes 50 miles to our east.

Typically, however,  hurricanes passing bye to our east had not given us  much rain; just a lot of wind.

Here is the latest forecast track:

Latest Hurricane Warnings Cone:


Below is the Hurricane force Wind speed forecast Cone



We are preparing.  My wife is out shopping now, before there is a rush on groceries, and before there is a rush on gasoline.

We will get gas for the generato, fill up the truck,  and store up some water.

How are we prepared if the electricity goes out?

In addition to the generator that we can use to keep the fridge and freezer going, we have a little camp stove and several cans of fuel to cook basic items in a pot or skillet.  We can use it to make coffee also.

Additionally, we have flashlights and a propane lamp that works quite nicely.

I'm going to charge the car battery for the 2 meter radio and get the antenna ready.  I'll also charge the 12 volt battery booster so it will be ready if I need additional 12 volt service.  I can put a splitter on the generator and run my radios if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment