Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Friday, August 17, 2012

Blind Ham, N5NVP, Could Use antenna and Tuner


First of all, I didn't tell Jim Booker, N5NVP, I was writing this post and he didn't ask.

N5NVP is a fine ham operator in Scott, Louisiana.   He's a regular-ready-and-willing participant in several traffic nets using his time and energy trying to help out.

For the past year, Jim's signal has been terrible.  Almost no one can ever hear him.  And when they do,  they can 'only see his lips moving' as the saying goes.

He is in need of an antenna and a tuner.  I don't know how much room he has for an antenna, but he did say he's going to get started working on one (he's been saying that for some time).. 

 I don't know the type or condition of his current antenna, but if he had a tuner, it would probably help.

He really is a good guy.  I'm legally blind myself, so I know it can be difficult obtaining and building stuff.  If it weren't for the local ham community, I souldn't have much at all.

The satisfaction and  fulfillment I get participating in traffic nets can't be measured.  So, I appreciate so much, the generosity of all my ham friends.

If you have an old spare 'junk' tuner you don't need, or an old wire antenna that is resonant on 40 meters, would you consider putting it in a box and sending to N%NVP?  His address is good on QRZ and the FCC ULS database.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment