Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Giving RMS Express a Try - Winlink

This is an early assessment of RMS Express.

As I wrote in an email considering this mode, 'I'm wet behind the ears'. 

Being visually impaired, it is very difficult to scan the pages of the operational software.  I have to hunt and try stuff ... trial and error - because I can't read the 'hover' descriptions and can't easily read the button titles.

It didn't take long, thankfully, to figure out how to send an email using the RMS Express program.  I sent a message to myself that said, "test".

I think the traffic was routed through Japan before I got it.  hahaha....

Just kidding.  It didn't come by way of Japan, more like Nova Scotia.

I'm trying to figure out how to het the rig to key up and send traffic, similarly to what PSK-31 does.  So far, I'm unable to connect to the radio... I probably am able, I just can't figure out how to do it.

I went on youtube and started watching a tutorial video.  This has helped a lot.  Tomorrow, I'll look on youtube more for answers.

73;

Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment