Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Example of Actual Traffic Handling - Audio

This traffic was passed on the 5th Region Traffic Net on 9/18/2010. Carolyn, KC5OZT in TX passes a message to WA5FWD, Bill in OK. Bill's job is to either deliver the message to the recipient himself, or send it on to a station better able to fufill that task. 

This post is in conjuction with my previous post that attempts to explain the National Traffic System (NTS) message format.  By posting this, I'm trying to show how easy traffic handling actually is. 

Hopefully this will encourage more operators to get involved in this facet of the Amateur radio hobby.

(Side note- Isn't Carolyn's accent great?)

No comments:

Post a Comment