Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ever think about going Bicycle Mobile? Pictures and Video Below

Operating bicycle mobile is a way for me to enjoy two of my favorite activities:  Amateur Radio and bike riding.

What are some practicle applications for Bicycle Mobile Stations?  I think, following severe weather,  that bicycle mobiles might be useful for identifying neighborhood  storm damage.

An advantage of bicycle mobile is the bike can be a platform for a bigger and better antenna than a rubber-duckie.

This is what I did.  In the pictures below you can see my 5/8 wave antenna with a Larson coil.  This enabled my FT-209R to access the repeater.

If you have any ideas on novel applications for bicycle mobiles, leave it in a comment, or sign my guestbook.

Pictures Below:




This is a little video of my bike set u:

No comments:

Post a Comment