Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Monday, March 5, 2012

My Latest Interest: CW

I've been practicing CW more lately.  In fact, during the Freewheeler's net each evening (for the past week or so) I have been brushing up using a website devoted to the learning  this aspect of our hobby.


If you want to check out the site I've been using, CLICK HERE!


So, yesterday I made a contact with a fellow in Hammond, La.  I was actually able to copy most of his code, and he understood what I was sending.  


Today, I got on 40 meters, and made another CW contact.  This time it was with a person named Lynn in Lansing, MI.  


I had a lot of success taking Lynns code, but toward the end of the QSO, I started losing my concentration..


One of the main things I've learned is that the most difficult part of Copying CW is the idea that I have to concentrate for the entire QSO.  If my concentration  is lost for a second, I miss some letters.


My wife called me on the phone today when I was in the middle of tapping our a response to a question.  My wife sounded a little put off when I told her to hold on a minute.  Ha ha ah


I'm going to keep practicing on that web site linked above.  


I copy the rss headlines a couple times, then I copy the QSO. 


CW is kinda fun.  You aught to check it out, and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment