Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ham Radio while Hospitalized - Hospital Hamming isn't a Problem for Me

I was in the hospital in Jackson, Mississippi for all of last week. I live in Louisiana, and have repeater frequencies programmed in my handi-talkie for both areas. That said, last week I found out one of the frequencies is in use in both areas.


145.450mhz there is a repeater I found when I was scanning my memory channels. I was able to speak to a few folks there.


This repeater is echolink enabled. I was surprised to learn of this, but never did hear any unusual stations speaking.


I normally use the 146.760 and 146.940 repeaters. Occasionally, I use the 147.300 when someone has difficulty hearing my h/t.


The ..7.300 is very close to the VA hospital and I can get into it without standing by a window.


Talking to hams is a great way for me to pass time while in the hospital. So far, I have had no complaints from doctors and nusing staff.


As a matter of fact, many of the doctors are impressed and curious when I answer their inquiries about the h/t charging on the bedside table.


One night when a starmwarn net was activated, a doctor stood by listening intently to damage reports as they cam in.


I love ham radio… what a hobby!


Pardon my spelling and grammar here tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment