Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Friday, December 31, 2010

ARRL: IBEC Broadband over Power Line (BPL) Systems Interference Violates FCC Rules

From the ARRL news desk:

ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio has filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission documenting ongoing harmful interference and egregious rules violations by Broadband over Power Lines (BPL) systems installed by IBEC, Inc. in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. ...Full Story

My comments:

The ARRL is doing a good job protecting the interests of amateurs across the nation.  It is important that we hams through organizational support of this institution continue to hold the FCC's feet to the fire when it comes to enforcing its rules.

Thanks to the ARRL for doing this in our interest.  Although I don't live in any of the states this complaint addresses, I know that if the FCC gives an inch, the businesses will take a mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment