Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mary - KE5LTA Tower Progress

Mary, KE5LTA, recently began calling the 5th region traffic net on a regular basis and we are very proud of the great job she is doing.

Understandably, she was apprehensive about the quality of her station and her ability to hear as to being heard.

She recently sent me this photo of the tower she and her husband have been working of for some time.  I can tell by her email that she is chomping at the bit to get it finished and operational.  Alas, according to her commentary, her husband has taken his time sanding and painting the tower to exacting standards.  (Okay, she didn't put it that way, but that's how I interpreted her comment on the issue.)

She lives in Oklahoma, and as I remember form my visit to that state back in '86, it looks very flat.

Here is the picture:




No comments:

Post a Comment