Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Sunday, June 17, 2012

KE5UTN Field Day Plans

I’m looking forward to field day.  This year our club, the Twin City Ham Club (TCHC) will be setting up under the trees of Kiroli Park, in West Monroe, LA.

Our Field day call  is W5EA.  Carlos, KB5YEG, has fashioned an antenna mast stander-upper our of a trailer that was originally made for fertilizer.  It will lift over 40 feet of tower with antennas installed.  It is really cool.

We’ll have CW ops there, and run GOTA as well as 2 or 3 other radios.  I’m not sure what class our club will be  entered in.

The weather is probably going to be hot.  We will have fans. 

The park area has picnic tables, playgrounds, tennis courts and walking trails.  It is a great place to bring a family.

I hope your field day goes off without a hitch.  73’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment