Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Sunday, June 3, 2012

ARES - Supporting the 'Wish I Could Foundation' of Northeast Louisiana at the Marengo Swamp Run June 2, 2012

I took the following photos at the Maringo Swamp Run  Saturday in Central Louisiana.

I had the opportunity to speak with one of the event organizers who explained the Wish I Could Foundation  grants wishes to terminally ill Children.

With the Marengo Swamp Run being the largest 1-day swamp run in the nation, it is also the foundation's largest fund raiser of the year.

The Wish I Could Foundation of Northeast Louisiana has its meetings in Rayville, Louisiana.

I also took video that I have posted in categories below.

Our jobs as ARES members was to support the event staff and first responders as needed.

I brought my radio station in a suitcase and  set it up near the consession stand.

Here are some photos and a video of my setup:











Below are the rest of the pictures I took of  friends and family of our ARES group.  I'm sorry if I wasn't able to take your picture.  Below those photos are general pictures taken of Marengo activities.








The above 6 pics are ARES friends and family.  Below are Marengo Photos.




























No comments:

Post a Comment