Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Monday, October 15, 2012

2012 Pineville, Louisiana Hamfest Photographs

Four of us from Northeast Louisiana rode down to Pineville, La to partake in the festivities of their hamfest.

Carlos-KB5YEG, Mack-KA5JNL, Gene-KC5WS, arrived at around 8:15am.

All the people at the event were friendly and  we had a great time.  Unfortunately, none of us won any of the grand prizes.

I met Mel-WD5CAE, in person for the first time.  He's a regular on the Louisiana Traffic Net (LTN) and always has a good signal.

I was glad to see Jim-N5NVP, also an LTN regular and an important CW asset for the National Traffic System.  Being legally blind, I passed bye Jim several times before I realized who he was.  (I hate it when that happens).

I aquired a dual band h/t while there and it is working wonderfully.
Here are the few pics I took when I was there.








No comments:

Post a Comment