Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Preping for the 2012 IARU HF Championship

IARU Clipart by KE5UTN
I plan to participate in the IARU HF Championship this weekend  (the 14th and 15th of July).


The start time is 1200 UTC on Saturday and lasts 24 hours.


The bands included in this contest are 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters.  No other band will be included for point contacts.  


CLICK HERE TO GET ALL THE CONTEST DETAILS AT ARRL.


Okay, I'm going to operate Single OP, Low Power and SSB.  I have the IMAX-200 matched for 10 meters already and I wrote down the MFJ-949E tuner settings.  I plan to get 15 meters tuned on the antenna also and I'll write those settings down.


That one antenna will do 10 and 15 meters.  I have an inverted 'V' that works really great without a tuner.  For 80 and 40 meters, I'll be using the old Butternut vertical.  


I'll be logging with NIMM, and thanks to Scott - W5WZ - I have the software up and ready to go.

The radio I'm using is my Kenwood TS-50s.




You would not believe how I logged the year before last. (I didn't participate last year).   I used HRD and struggled getting it right.


That was the first contest I gave a serious effort and I got 1st place for Zone 7.

This contest is really fun!  If you had never tried it, you aught to.

 I'm contesting for the fun of it.  More than the goal of beating other people's scores, I want to see how many contacts I can make.  If I out-score, great.  If I not, great too.  I'm in it for the fun... But, I will get as many contacts as I can.  


I hope to see you on the bands.  73.

No comments:

Post a Comment