Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Do I want to be the 5th Region Net Control Manager?

It is rewarding for me to check in on the 5th region traffic net, and I have actually been calling the net (a few days each week) for a couple years.


During this time, I've seen net control operators come and go, I've seen clashing attitudes and caustic inflexibility that pushes people away.

Today, the 5th region traffic manager asked me if I'd be willing to take over his post.  My first reaction was to say (hesitantly) "Oh-okay".


I was informed about monthly net reports going to ARRL and a few other people, and I started thinking about how it would be my responsibility to maintain control operators  and schedules.


I think I would like to take this post, but I'm afraid that when the newness of it wears off, I'll be stuck and tied down by a hobby I currently like.  I don't want this hobby to start feeling like a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment