Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Friday, January 6, 2012

What have I been up to?

Well, I have lots-o-toys! I play on digital modes... dabbled with sstv, played with psk-31, and rtty.

Isn't it amazing how many abbreviations there are in ham radio?  My handy-talkie  is defective, it fell out of  the hospital bed a few times too many times and now I have to use a rubber band to pull the on/off knob to one side to turn it on and off.


On the SB-200, the meter light went out.  I wish I could fix it.


I mess around on 40 meters most days checking in to a few traffic nets.  You can find me in the 5th region traffic net on 7.280 at 10:30 am- CST, and 7.243 at 3:30pm.  Currently, I play Net Control on Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning and afternoon, and Friday afternoon.


Occasionally, I check in on 20 meters to the Maritime Mobile Service Net on 14.300mhz.


During natural disasters, I run through the bands lookiig for emergency nets so I can relay stuff, if needed.


I do try to sell ham radio related mugs, hats and other stuff.  


You can see 2 of my designs on the right hand column of this page.  I have a store called Observations.


Something else I do is check in on the Freewheelers net on  3.916 just about every night at around 10:30.  


I also like to go bicycle mobile with my ht and a 5/8 wave antenna.  


I have made many videos documenting my amateur radio activities and you can find them here  by using the links list on the right hand column of this page.


Something else I like to do is go to ham fests.  The Jackson, Mississippi hamfest is coming up at the end of December.  One of my friends already asked me if I want to ride with him.  I said yes.


I do exchange QSL cards, but I haven't been doing much CQing lately.  


Have you ever checked in to a OMISS net?  They just send signal reports back and forth and, man, you can get a lot of qsl cards this way.


Okay, there's a little update of my activities.  I hope you are having a wonderful life where ever you are.





No comments:

Post a Comment