Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Monday, November 21, 2011

Antenna hit the Dirt

I knew it would happen sooner or later.  The IMAX-2000 I use for 10 thru 20 meters was only held up by cotton rope and after 3 blazing summers, one of them finally gave way sending the antenna crashing down from a height of about 20 feet.

Fortunately, the antenna was not damaged in the fall.  That said, I have to get it back up. 

In thevideo of the DX contacts I made (2 blog  posts down) I was using that antenna.

In a video I made showing my station setup, I show what I used for a mast, and how it was held up.

I used the doubled-up steel floor joists that came with the garden shed, and when the guy line broke, it folded over like cardboard.

Here's the video:




I figured one day it would fall, and last Saturday was that day.

I've got some new er mast poles to use, I just need a way to secure it to the side of the ham shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment