Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snowstorm Hams: Great Examples of Our Ranks

When the snow fell atop John R. Brandon's North Hall County home, he opened the door, moved outside, and recorded the weather with precision.

He observed the precipitation type and strength as it descended. He measured snow depth, and described how it was coming down, heavy or light. He also watched how, if at all, ice developed.

Then Brandon returned to his home, waited for the top of the hour and monitored his radio…. Rest of Article
_______
My comments:

We Amateur Radio Emergency Service and Skywarn operators should feel proud of ourselves. We are earnest, dedicated, and committed to helping.
This story is only one of a countless number of activations that occur each year.

When the Haiti earthquake happened, I personally stood by my radio for hours listening to designated emergency frequencies. I listened for distress calls as well as health and welfare messages that might have went in or out of the affected area. I listened incase a relay was needed.
Tornados, forest fires, floods, toxic spills, terrorist attacks, and yes, even snow storms: we will be there to help if we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment