Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Veterans Honored in Monroe, Louisiana's Chennault Avation Museum 11/06/10

With the traveling Vietnam memorial wall being  a vivid reminder of the sacrifices made on our behalf, thousands of people gathered to pay tribute to veterans (past and present) at Chinnault Avation Museum in Monroe, Louisiana.

Here are some pictures I took Saturday, 6 Nov 10.
The Wall

About the Wall

Air Force Honor Guard


Commo room inside museum.  I used a teletype very much like this one.  This is a TT-74 I think.  I used a TT-76


Museum piece in front of museum


In The Boneyard


Teletype again

Another Boneyard peice.  You could walk up and touch it if desired.


This is a pretty big bird.  The Nose is like 20 feet high.  There's a picture of a starving horse with some grass hanging from it's mouth drawn on the nose, on the other side. 


Another Boneyard Bird


Flag on tip of our Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) tower

No comments:

Post a Comment