Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Thursday, May 9, 2013

2013 ARMED FORCES DAY CROSSBAND TEST INFORMATION

The Armed Forces Day Crossband test is scheduled for this Saturday, May 11, 2013.

The idea is to facilitate communications between amateur radio stations and MARS, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, Coast Guard and other military  radio stations around the country.

Here's how to do it:

You'll look on the info sheet published by the armed forces.  The sheet will let us know individual military station's transmitting and receiving frequencies.

Each military station will listen in the amateur radio band, and transmit in their own portion of the frequency spectrum.  In turn, we will transmit in our band where they'll be  listening.


I know it sounds confusing, but once you think about it, its really simple.  I use my split frequency radio function.  I put vfo-a on their transmit (where I'll be listening) and put vfo-b on their listening frequency (where I'll be transmitting).

When I key up to transmit, the radio will automatically switch from vfo-a to vfo-b, and back when I un-key to listen.

Anyway, if you give this a shot, I wish you all the luck.

CLICK HERE to check out the crossband info sheet.

1 comment:

  1. Was a great day on the air although propagation sucked. Made contact later in the day on 20 meters and 17 primarily.

    KB3SEG

    ReplyDelete