Scroll down to: View my posts, view my links, Check out the HOTTEST ham & solar news headlines, view my accuweather radar, play with a completely interactive weather map, and even send a text message



Custom Search
br>

Friday, August 26, 2011

Ham - Amateur Radio - Frequencies can be used for Hurricane Situation Emergency

Hurricane Frequencies


On frequency 14.325 is The Hurricane Watch net.  It is now Saturday morning and I'm streaming this net live over the internet.  Visit my 'Live ke5utn channel' link located (in the links section) on the sidebar of this page. 

On the frequency of 14.280 there will be nets at 12 noon, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm for folks trying to get in contact with others form around the hurricane affected area. I think these will be eastern times.


I’m not sure how effective these nets will be, but I picked this info up on the maritime mobile net this afternoon.


For mobile stations needing to get health and welfare, emergency or priority traffic passed along, you can try 14.300 USB - the MMN (maritime mobile net) from about 8:00 am to about 10:00pm Eastern time.


There are formal traffic nets that will be glad to take your traffic. Two I know of are Monday through Saturday at 10:30am Central time and 1:30Pm on Sunday- central time - on 7.280 MHZ


Also, on 7.243 every day. At 3:30 pm.


Usually, there will be a SATERN (Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Net) on multiple bands. You can try 7.265 14.265 and in the evenings try 3.977.7.


There are nets on 3.925 at 6:30pm daily central time, and I think I heard of a hurricane net on 3.935 at 8:00pm. Central (not sure about the purpose of this one.)


If you know of other frequencies, please leave the info in a comment. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment